1. Fill with lamp oil; cf. the section entitled “Filling with oil”.
2. Before lighting the lantern for the first time, give the wick a few minutes to draw up the oil.
3. Position the oil lantern at least 5–10 cm clear of any other objects.
4. Referring to the illustration, light the lantern.
5. Please note that the flame will initially be small and will only reach its maximum height after approximately 5–10 minutes of burning.
The Ø 4 mm wick is made of fibreglass. Length 10 cm. Fibreglass wicks have an exceptionally long burn-time of several years in normal use. To order a replacement wick, please phone Rosendahl Design Group Customer Service on tel. +45 4588 6633. It is important not to allow the lantern to completely run out of lamp oil, as this may damage the wick. Wick height must not exceed 3 mm.
Flame height during use must not exceed 3.5 cm. This way, the oil lantern will not soot up or smoke. If the wick does soot up, the flame is burning too high and needs to be adjusted. If the wick needs adjusting, it is important not to touch the wick retainer for at least 10 minutes after extinguishing the flame, as it will remain extremely hot and can cause burns. The same applies when replacing the